Friday, 25 September 2026

Seville


Our train tickets to Seville gave us a scheduled departure time of 9:46 AM so with that we had time to visit a nearby coffee shop for our morning breakfast. 

A photo of me from yesterday that I really like


The train station was very close so we arrived in plenty of time for security etc. Turns out our train was delayed until after 10 AM so we had a small wait. 

The train ride was wonderful (250 km/hr). Good seats with big windows to see the Andalusian countryside. 

Arrival in Seville and finding our hotel was easy.

I don’t remember why I picked this particular hotel as it is a little further to walk than we would prefer. Oh  well, can’t change it now.

We walked down to the centre of the old city. Wow, what a difference from Cordoba. This place is extremely busy ( and I had to take a pill because of all the horses- they are for taking tourists around).

We found the location for our entry into the Alcazar for Sunday morning (pre-purchased tickets).

The cathedral is absolutely magnificent and we tried to get in but you really need to pre-purchase and  I don’t know why I didn’t :(

Note:When we got back to the hotel later we  attempted to get tickets but no luck (all on-line tickets sold out for the next three days) however we will try to buy at the official ticket office tomorrow morning at 11 AM (fingers crossed! )

Below are some photos of the cathedral




We decided to walk quite a ways to what is called “a hidden gem”. It is the Palace de Las Duenas. It is the home of the Duke of Alba and his family (and they still live there). A famous family for many centuries , this place has been visited by MANY famous people throughout the years. It really is beautiful and the self-guided tour was worth the entry fee.






After our usual nap/break in the afternoon (after walking multiple hours in 36 degree heat ) we went back to an area that had restaurants very busy earlier in the day when we went by. This is a huge lesson relearned from yesterday where we got lousy overpriced food in a touristy part of Granada. The place we chose tonight gave us much better food and more of it along with our usual “liquid refreshment” at a much cheaper price.

We still haven’t heard anything from ATB as they trace the transactions in Morocco where we had two ATM withdrawals that failed to complete the withdrawal transactions and I didn’t realize there was an issue until I checked my ATB account later. 

Caro used her sandals today but that didn’t go so good. Her feet hurt quite a bit tonight. Back to shoes tomorrow!

Tonight we went up to the pool area and just vegged. We really enjoyed it and I imagine we will go tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment