Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Casablanca tour day

 Last night we couldn’t keep our eyes open after 6:30. It would have helped if there was something to do outside on the street but there was nothing happening so we were in the room.

I crashed immediately and was lights out! I woke up feeling very refreshed thinking it was about 6 AM but nope, 9:15 PM the same night LOL Both of us slept in small time segments the remainder of the night, getting up about 6:30 AM. Other than a short nap today we are doing fine.

I checked my ATB account and saw that two of the multiple withdrawals we attempted to do yesterday had not refunded money from the failed attempts. I think it was the second bank. Anyway, if there is no resolution to this we will be out over $500. I have e-mailed ATB but have not heard anything yet. Fingers crossed.

We went back out to a different ATM and this time I used my EQ bank preloaded credit card and easily withdrew $300. Big sense of relief for me!

I wanted to try Uber on my phone as I am not familiar with it but Caro is, so she showed me the ropes. We put in our request for a ride and were informed automatically that one was five minutes away. Twenty five minutes later we cancelled our supposed ride and as it turned out there was a taxi driver nearby so we got a ride with him towards the Hassan 2 Mosque (the number one “Must see” in Casablanca).

Anyway the driver talked us in to him giving us a tour of the city, stopping off at various locations for us to get out and look around. It was worth it.



The main thing to see of course was the third biggest mosque in the world with the world’s tallest minaret.

We just barely made it to the noon tour but we did and it was really worth it. The mosque is relatively new (about 40 years I think) and inside it is spectacular, full of craftmen’s handiwork. The photos below do not do it justice.







Next photo is an outdoor selfie at the mosque
Afterwards we stopped at a few more places seeing the best the city had to offer and honestly I am glad we did as there are some pretty areas that we would have missed if not for “our guy” Rashid!

Before saying good-bye we made a deal with Rashid to pick us up tomorrow morning and drive us about an hour north of Casablanca to the capital city called Rabat which is supposed to be beautiful.Rashid and his father are picking us up at 9 AM and will have us back by 3 PM. We could have taken the high speed train but honestly the door to door pickup and personalized tour of Rabat will be worth the extra cost.

Supper tonight was a very busy sandwich type outdoor/indoor place. Caro had a delicious bunwich with veal, tomato’s, onions,olives and a side of fries. Mine was a Moroccan pizza. It was yummy too. This food was so much more flavourful as compared to yesterday’s.

All in all, a much better day than yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment