Tuesday, 8 September 2026

Going to Africa!

 On our way to Casablanca

Lisa took us to the airport (Thanks Lisa)

As it was Labour Day Monday the airport was pretty empty and we were through security in no time. 

Our flight to Montreal was on a new Airbus 220. It was quite small for overhead bins but awesome for the entertainment centre. I watched a movie called Pressure while Caro watched a Tom Hanks western movie 

Montreal airport was pretty crazy with (I believe) all the long weekend travellers heading home. 

We went to the lounge.  We had lots of trouble getting our free lounge pass to activate however eventually we were in. I am happy we didn’t have to pay anything because the lounge was really not good. It had a very limited food selection. It was nice to have a rum and coke though!

Our over-night flight left about 20 minutes late and was an old Airbus330-300. The entertainment system was actually terrible and I didn’t see too many people using it. 

Even though I was not hungry I decided to get the Air Canada in flight meal ( Caro did not). This was a mistake on my part as I ended up wasting the vast majority of the meal as I just didn’t like it. ( wasn’t hungry enough to want to eat it)

We arrived in Casablanca on time and really had no problems with immigration (as we had previously told to expect).We were out the door in about 30ish minutes and quickly found our pre-paid pick up driver who drove the one hour trip through rush hour traffic to our hotel/

No comments:

Post a Comment