Monday, 14 September 2026

Yucky day for me

 I  missed the festivities last night as I started feeling woozy and couldn’t eat much at the supper.

I went straight to bed and Caro came in an hour or so later  after having a bonfire and seeing the stars (I assume)

We both ended up with a crappy sleep.

The entrance to our hotel complex. You can see the tracks in the sand where you drive in across. There is probably a mile drive across the desert to get from the paved road to the entrance

This morning three of our tour group had paid for a jeep excursion which was great for us as we lounged around  pool and used the wi-fi.

This is where we were.

We were on the road by about 12:15 picking up the jeep excursion people about 30 minutes away.

The day was really long for me as I got worse before eventually feeling a bit better tonight. I didn’t get out of the van except for the meal and I didn’t order anything except sparkling water, At our lunch stop we had musicians play local music. It was actually quite neat and most of us got up to dance when the musical group asked us to join them.

Almost 4 hours of typical Sahara scrub land. Not sand dunes like we think of but just flat rocky landscape with occasionally bushes (I missed most of this anyway as i was trying to sleep). We went through a few dusty,dirty towns which are as close to being “the middle of no where” as any places we have been to.

It is 8 PM as I write this. The rest of the group is at supper. I ate a fresh date and it seems to not give any troubles! YAY 


This area is gorgeous and tomorrow’s blog should have lots of photos 



No comments:

Post a Comment